11.04.2012

A Story in Pictures: Seongbuk SDA Term 5

Junior Teachers Term 5
Errol, Silver, Vickey, Aileen, and Lucas
Adult Teachers, Term 5
Liberty, Errol, Vickey, Kevin, and Director Lee
Sophie, the most awesome desk worker EVER!
Staff Room
Hallway: My classroom was #301.
Lobby & Elevators
Church & Miscellaneous Room
Remnants of my ajumma class after party day
Heidi, Jessie, Jasmine, and Juna
Remnants of my evening class after party day
James, Jay, and Monica
One of my favorite Junior classes: WM Starter 8
Evan, David, Peter, James, Matthew, Bora, Julia
Jenna, Mirae, Jenny, Sunny, and June

Where is the teacher??!

WM Junior 2 class: Can you tell they were my troublemakers?
Justin, Angela, Amy, --, Victoria, Tom, Kyle, Jerry, Ben
YIC6: Boro, Peter, Sam, David, John, and Brianna
WinPlan teenagers: Toby, Phillip, Patrick, Tina, Rin, Ashley, Millie
YIC4: Daisy, Jane, Annie, June, and Rubi



with Korean teacher Silver

One of my favorites: WM Starter 4
Harry, Dana, Jenny, Justin, Jackie, Blue Toon

With Korean teacher Silver

So this was my first and only term at Seongbuk SDA. A few students and classes are missing. I loved this school and will miss the students and teachers very much. Pictures are forthcoming of my new office.

4 comments:

  1. Awww, loved seeing you with the staff and students at Seongbuk. Looks like a great school! Can't wait to see all my special people at the textbook office!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi, Emma! Do you mean in the Seongbuk area or just in Seoul itself? Basically, no, there aren't many foreigners, but if you want to find the foreign "watering hole," you can go to Itaewon, which is near the center of Seoul and accessible by subway. They have a lot of nice semi-Western restaurants, a foreign foods market, and more familiar Western stores. It is very popular among foreigners, but I wouldn't feel safe going there alone at night. Emart is scattered throughout Seoul, and where I was living in Seongbuk, there was one only two subway stations away. Make sure you bring a backpack to carry everything you buy! I have been all over the majority of Seoul. Everything is very accessible. However, I have only taken a taxi a couple of times, and yes, it's expensive. The subway and bus are your cheapest travel options. I'm not sure what you mean by "good feel to it," but I'm comfortable here. You may get a few weird looks from Koreans every once in a while. Maybe they've had a bad experience with a foreigner in the past. But all in all, it's not bad. Just keep your head up and smile. If you say "hello" to people in Korean and nod, they will usually respond with a smile. That's a good ice breaker. Let me know if you have any more questions.

      Delete
  3. Those kids look adorable. You obviously love them very much.

    ReplyDelete