8.26.2012

Changdeokgung Palace & Insadong


First of all I must say that I have so enjoyed having a friend here with me, and I will greatly miss her after orientation is over. Second, I love traveling and exploring!

Today our orientation group got to take a break from the normal routine and explore a historical site: Changdeokgung Palace. This palace was built in 1412 and has housed many kings and queens. It burned three times over the following three centuries through invasion, revolt, and accident. Royalty resided in the palace until the late 1900s, and reconstruction began in 1991. It became a historical site around that time. (If you'd like to see more pictures, find me on Facebook.)


Later this afternoon, our orientation group headed to Insadong (a tourist hot spot) to walk around and shop, eat some genuine bibimbap (rice and vegetables), and visit a tea house. We had a great time, but I am glad to be back and resting again! A busy week begins tomorrow. Good night, everyone. :)

1 comment:

  1. Sounds like they sure keep the new teachers pretty busy during orientation. Enjoy it all!

    ReplyDelete